Associate Scientist/Scientist – Protein Engineering
About Enlaza Therapeutics
Enlaza Therapeutics is a biotech company developing an innovative synthetic biology platform to create a disruptive new class of biologic therapeutics. We are dedicated to the development of these novel therapies to help patients suffering from cancer and other serious diseases.
This position is for a Scientist with expertise in protein engineering and phage display to help drive our drug discovery programs. We seek an individual that is proficient in designing and executing experiments, has excellent communication and documentation skills, and is excited to expand their skillset in a fast-paced and collaborative research environment. This position will work directly on the development of biotherapeutics for serious diseases, and will be involved in biotherapeutic identification, characterization, optimization, and selection of lead molecules for multiple programs. This is an excellent opportunity to work with a motivated and experienced team and interface directly with multiple research groups, including biotherapeutic discovery, platform engineering, protein sciences, pharmacology, and leadership. The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic, motivated, and innovative individual who is excited to participate in a dedicated team.
- Design and generate naïve antibody/VHH phage display libraries and screen for binding to various protein targets
- Coordinate the characterization of antibodies/VHHs selected from phage libraries, including submitting samples for LCMS, analytical SEC, Octet, cell binding assays, etc., and interpreting, organizing, and presenting the results
- Affinity mature lead antibodies/VHHs using phage display
- Clearly document results and present at team meetings
- Opportunity to grow into project/technical team leadership roles
The above description is intended to describe the general nature of the job and may include other duties as assumed or assigned; it is not intended to be all inclusive or limit the duties of the position.
Required Skills and Experience:
- BS/MS or PhD in Biochemistry, Bioengineering, or related scientific field, with 2+ years of hands-on experience with phage display and protein engineering
- Experience with cloning and DNA library design and construction, including naïve and affinity maturation libraries
- Proficiency with PyMOL, MOE, or similar software for protein structure analysis, protein engineering, and library design
- Highly collaborative with excellent communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and cross-functional team environment
- Additional experience in the following areas is desirable but not required: Protein expression and purification from E.coli, experience with antibody/VHH humanization, Knowledge of sequence liabilities and developability assessment, proficiency in interpreting data from the following assays: analytical SEC, LCMS, SPR, and BLI
In addition to a competitive compensation package with stock options, the company also offers a comprehensive benefits package for our employees and their families, which includes medical, dental, vision, and supplemental disability insurance.
$120,000.00 – $150,000.00
Supplemental Pay Types:
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT
The Company complies with all laws respecting equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against applicants with regard to any protected characteristic as defined by federal, state, and local law. This position requires you to work onsite at the Company’s facilities. In furtherance of its duty to its employees to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, the Company requires that employees working in its facilities be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for medical or religious reasons, and/or as otherwise required by applicable law. Accordingly, this position requires you to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. The Company considers you fully vaccinated once 14 days have passed since you received either the second dose in a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine series or a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine. The vaccine must have been FDA approved, have emergency use authorization from the FDA, or, for persons fully vaccinated outside of the U.S., be listed for emergency use by the World Health Organization.