Sr. Research Associate – Upstream Process Development
About Enlaza Therapeutics
Enlaza Therapeutics is a biotech company developing an innovative synthetic biology platform to create a disruptive new class of biologic therapeutics. We are dedicated to the development of these novel therapies to help patients suffering from cancer and other serious diseases.
As part of the Upstream Process Development Team, the Senior Research Associate is expected to lead, design, and conduct experiments to define robust bioreactor processes to produce protein biologics from E. coli and help develop scalable processes suitable for cGMP production.
This role will encompass unit operations which are typically seen in an upstream function and require cross-collaboration with internal platform development and downstream team members. A successful candidate will have technical knowledge and experience in upstream process development and a drive to learn.
- Semi-independently plan and execute on key experiments to further Upstream Process Development of the proprietary Enlaza protein production platform
- Troubleshoot processes and equipment
- Design and apply DOE studies to develop, refine, optimize, and characterize processes
- Contribute to the enhancement of manufacturing technologies, capabilities, and processes (e.g., media development, bioreactor fed-batch, and scale-up)
- Generate, manage, evaluate, and maintain critical data in a highly organized and timely manner; Maintain and improve ELN templates
- Author or revise technical reports, tech transfer documents, and SOPs
- Prepare scientific presentations and communicate progress to a multifunctional team
- Work closely with scientists across functions to produce the proteins required to meet project goals
The above description is intended to describe the general nature of the job and may include other duties as assumed or assigned; it is not intended to be all inclusive or limit the duties of the position.
Required Skills and Experience:
- BS in Biochemical Engineering or Biological Sciences with 4+ years, or MS with 2+ year of industrial experience in cell culture process development, primarily with microbial systems
- Hands on and independent experience with small-scale flask and bioreactor set-up and operations, ideally for therapeutic biologics
- Possess a keen knowledge of experimental design, underlying scientific principles, data analysis and interpretation
- Highly proficient laboratory skills, including quantitative sample transfer, consistent and reproducible media preparation and familiarity with molecular biology techniques (e.g. western blots)
- Proficiency in writing technical documents such as tech transfer, SOPs, and progress reports
- Proficient with MS-Excel
- Strong team player—Must work well in a highly collaborative environment with shared goals and equipment
- Additional experience in the following areas is preferred but not required: Experience with scripting for reactor control systems, preferably with VBA; Experience with cGMP and tech transfer to CDMOs; Experience using JMP
In addition to a competitive compensation package with stock options, the company also offers a comprehensive benefits package for our employees and their families, which includes medical, dental, vision, and supplemental disability insurance.
$80,000.00 – $115,000.00
Supplemental Pay Types:
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT
The Company complies with all laws respecting equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against applicants with regard to any protected characteristic as defined by federal, state, and local law. This position requires you to work onsite at the Company’s facilities. In furtherance of its duty to its employees to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, the Company requires that employees working in its facilities be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for medical or religious reasons, and/or as otherwise required by applicable law. Accordingly, this position requires you to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. The Company considers you fully vaccinated once 14 days have passed since you received either the second dose in a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine series or a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine. The vaccine must have been FDA approved, have emergency use authorization from the FDA, or, for persons fully vaccinated outside of the U.S., be listed for emergency use by the World Health Organization.